In case you receive error messages while synchronizing your Offline folder file in Microsoft Office Outlook using your mailbox on a Microsoft Exchange Server, it is best that you use an Offline Storage Table Integrity Check tool (we are talking about the ‘Scanost.exe’) for checking your file. You need to connect your Exchange server so as to work the tool. Using this tool, you will be able to scan your mailbox folders and items.
In case you have previously setup Outlook for automatically staring offline, the Offline Storage Table Integrity Check tool will not be able to access your Exchange Server. So, before you run the tool, you require temporarily changing your startup settings. Another thing, for the Outlook repair, the OST Integrity Check repair tool is not included with Outlook 2010/2013; so, you need to download it.
Here are the steps to repair the OST file:
- Now, first you need to stop Outlook from running. So, stop the process.
- Then, you need to double-click on ‘exe’. You will need to locate it at ‘C drive:\ Program Files\ Microsoft Office \OFFICE12′ or ‘C drive:\ Program Files \Common Files\ System\ MSMAPI\ LocaleID’ folder. Now in this, LocaleID means Locale Identifier (LCID) for the installation of Microsoft Office. Now, you need to note that the LCID for English – United States is 1033.
- In case you require setting up Outlook to prompt for a profile, you will see that the tool will also prompt you for one. In the Profile Name list, you need to click on the profile that consists of the.ost file you want to scan. In case you are prompted to Connect or Work Offline, then you need to click on ‘Connect’.
- You require selecting the options you wish to have. For having the tool automatically resolve issues it finds during the scan, you need to select the ‘Repair Errors’ check box. In case this check box is cleared, the tool will log the problems, but the thing is that they will not make the necessary corrections.
- You need to click on ‘Begin Scan’. For viewing the scan log, launch Microsoft Outlook, and then you need to open the ‘Deleted Items’ folder. Another thing is that the tool does not scan the Deleted Items folder. Any problems that you are facing with the email client will then be noted in a message with the subject OST Integrity Check.
Hope this should work and provide the necessary Outlook repair.